Hannibal-LaGrange University Commencement
Dates and times
PN Graduation – Thursday, July 8, 2021 6:00 p.m.
Commencement – Saturday, May 14, 2022 10:00 a.m.
Information for Graduates
All graduates make sure to take your graduate survey right here.
Order Roses for Graduation – Ordering roses for graduation is sponsored by the HLGU Education Division and is offered during the traditional ceremonies only. The link for ordering roses will be active in April 2022.
Red Cord Campaign
For your gift of $25 to the Red Cord Campaign, you will receive a red cord to wear with your commencement regalia. In turn, your gift will help fund scholarships for future Trojans.
To make a gift and receive a red cord:
- Bring a check, cash, or credit card to the institutional advancement office (Burt Admin, 4th floor) during the following times:
- Make a $25 gift online at hlg.edu/giving. Cords will be available for pick up during the above office hours or the morning of commencement.
- Make special arrangements with Lauren Youse by contacting her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (573) 629-3126.
The Red Cord Campaign offers you a way to invest in students and help them experience HLGU and grow as you did! Give today!
CAP, GOWN and GRADUATION Announcements
To place orders for your cap and gown or graduation announcements, please click here.
The deadline is TBD.
- Type in Hannibal-LaGrange University and select when the school name appears
- Check the graduation date and choose the degree level and select continue
- Choose the “Cap & Gown” tab
- Choose Graduation Regalia at $0.00
- Complete the personal information and add to cart
- Proceed to check out
- Check the order and proceed to check out
- Complete further personal information and submit
NOTICE: You MUST proceed until you receive an order confirmation number to complete the order.
Faculty: For Faculty academic regalia orders click here.
Commencement ceremonies will be live streamed on the HLGU Facebook page: www.facebook.com/HLGuniversity
Information for Visitors:
Family & Friends General Information
Restrooms and changing tables are located on both levels of the Roland Fine Arts Center.
Handicap Accessibility Information
The Roland Fine Arts Center is handicap accessible. An elevator is located in the hall beyond and to the left of the lobby. Handicapped seating is located on two levels of the Parker Theatre. If you have guests with specific needs, please contact Mrs. Julie Andresen at 573-629-3130 or email@example.com.
A professional photographer will take a color photo of each graduate before they approach the platform, as they shake hands with President Anthony Allen on the platform, and after they exit the platform at the green screen. Photos will be available for download after commencement on the Kabance Photography website: www.kabancephoto.com.
Videotaping: Family and friends may videotape Commencement. Tripods may not be set up in the aisles under any circumstances or block the view of others.
Before and After Commencement Photos for Family and Friends on Campus
Suggested photo backgrounds include HLGU’s Arch, located in front of the Burt Administration Building, and the Kugel ball in front of the Carroll Missions Center.
Cell Phones – Please set to the silent mode.
Child Supervision – Please supervise children during Commencement.
Cry Room available. Watch for signs directing you to the location.
Honoring Graduates – please refrain from screaming or using air horns.
Please keep all aisles clear as graduates march in and out; remain in your seat until all graduates have marched out.