The purpose of Hannibal-LaGrange University’s student ambassador program is to create a group of professional student representatives capable of representing HLGU on and off campus. Student ambassadors provide positive examples of Hannibal-LaGrange University students for prospective students, their families, and the community.
Please note: Applications will be taken between February 15 and March 15.
Role of Student Ambassadors
- Serve as Hannibal-LaGrange University official hosts
- Assist in recruiting students by giving campus tours
- Represent HLGU on campus, in the community, and around the state and nation.
- Assist with commencement ceremonies, various banquets and other University events.
Eligibility Requirements for the Student Ambassador Program
- Student must have attended Hannibal-LaGrange University for a minimum of two semesters in order to attain an understanding of the campus community and culture.
- Student must maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Student must submit an application.
- Student must submit two letters of recommendation from campus faculty and/or staff before the application deadline.
- Student must conduct an actual interview as part of the selection process.
Compensation for Student Ambassadors
- Each student ambassador will receive a $2,000 scholarship for the academic year they serve.
- Student ambassadors will receive two uniform shirts.
- Students will grow personally and have the opportunity for an excellent reference.
Maintaining Good Standing as a Student Ambassador
- Attend the student ambassador general training session and all other applicable training sessions.
- Maintain professional conduct when representing the University.
- Submit and adhere to a schedule of availability.
- Keep commitments.
- Participate in a minimum of 2 off campus events each year.
- Maintain a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Abide by personal appearance standards.