Disclosure of Educational Records:
HLGU will disclose non-directory information from a student’s education records only with the written consent of the student, except:
- To school officials who have a legitimate educational interest in records.
- To an official of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll. The university will make a reasonable attempt to notify the student of the transfer.
- To certain officials of the U.S. Department of Education, the Comptroller General of the U.S., the U.S. Attorney General, and the state and local educational authorities, in connection with certain state and/or federally supported educational programs.
- To the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), for purposes of complying with the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- To The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) for purposes of complying with Request Form ICE relative to the institution’s participation in SEVIS.
- In connection with a student’s request for or receipt of financial aid, as necessary to determine the eligibility, amount, or conditions of financial aid or to enforce the terms and conditions of aid.
- If required by a state law requiring disclosure that was adopted before November 19, 1974.
- To organizations conducting studies for or on behalf of the university.
- To agents acting on behalf of the institution.
- To accrediting organizations, to carry out their functions.
- To parents of an eligible student who claim that student as a dependent for income tax purposes.
- To parents of an underage student who is found to have violated the campus alcohol or drug policy.
- To comply with a judicial order or lawfully issued subpoena.
- To appropriate parties in a health or safety emergency.
- To an alleged victim of any crime of violence of the results of any institutional disciplinary action against the alleged perpetrator of that crime with respect to that crime.